Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a Commission for Kids real estate agent member?
Why is this a benefit to real estate agents?
- Being a Commission for Kids real estate agent member provides you with the opportunity to differentiate yourself from your competition by giving back to your community.
- Your donation is tax-deductible. Consult with your accountant.
How does Commission for Kids work?
- Buy or sell a home through a Commission for Kids real estate agent member and they will donate 10% of their gross sales commission to a school or non-profit youth organization of the buyer’s or seller’s choice.
- Agent and their client sign the agreement designating who is to receive the donation.
- Agent asks the different real estate professionals involved in the transaction if they would like to donate to maximize the dollars donated to the kids.
- Ask your broker about what the steps are to have the donation check cut by the title company at the time of a successful closing.
- The check(s) are then given to the designated school or non-profit youth organization by the real estate agent.
What do you receive as a real estate agent member?
- Use of Commission For Kids logo and name, Member profile page, social media links, Facebook feed, video, images, documents and marketing material
- New weekly social media content and other marketing material delivered to your In-box (this alone provides 10X value $500)
- Member access to our expanding library of marketing material
- Members only access to a Facebook group page
- The public and agents have the capability to search and find your profile
- Member profile pages are shareable
- No-Cost Referrals to the agent member from Commission For Kids
- Commission For Kids is a conversation starter with anyone
- Provides members with an opportunity to market yourself as the local professional real estate expert that gives back to the community
- Initial consultation with our marketing department
- First marketing flyer and Facebook cover that we personalize with your contact information
- Best practice tips to be successful as a Commission for Kids member
What is the membership cost?
- Individual Membership: A payment of a one-time set-up fee of $200 and a $50 first-month membership fee at the time of submission of the membership registration form. Then $50 per month beginning 30 days after joining. Your credit card on file will be charged $50 per month.
- There is no refund on the initial $200 set-up fee or the $50 first-month membership cost.
- You can cancel your membership at any time by sending an email to email@example.com and requesting cancellation.
- Broker Membership: Broker pricing is available. Contact Commission for Kids at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now that I am a Commission for Kids Real Estate Member, what are the next steps for me and my client?
As a Commission for Kids real estate agent member, you will donate 10% of your sales commission to a school or non-profit youth organization of the buyer’s or seller’s choice. You can use the agent’s resources – graphics, flyers and social media posts to brand yourself as a Commission for Kids real estate agent member.
You and your client sign the agreement form designating who is to receive the donation. Keep that in your file.
You ask the different real estate professionals involved in the transaction if they would like to donate to maximize the dollars donated to the school or non-profit youth organization.
Please ask for the school’s or non-profit organization tax-exempt number or W-9 form. Do this as soon as possible to avoid delays before closing.
Ask your broker about what the steps are to have the donation check cut by the title company at the time of a successful closing.
The check(s) should be given to you as the real estate agent so you can present the donation to the designated school or non-profit youth organization.
Please remember to complete the donation form, which can be found in the Agent Resources section.
Contact the recipient to let them know the donation check is available. Make an appointment to present the check to them. We recommend that you ask another person to take the photo so you can be included in it. If this isn’t possible, you can take the photo yourself.
Afterwards, please complete the Donation Information form which includes questions on the name of the recipient, the amount of the donation, what the donation will be used for, etc. There is an area to identify who is in the photo. The form also has a file upload feature so you can upload the photo of the donation presentation.
Do I have to donate 10% of my commission on all of the transactions that I am involved in?
Of course not. This may not be your only niche market. If your client found you by your marketing efforts under Commission For Kids branding then it definitely would be expected that you donate 10%. If not, it would be up to you to make the offer to donate 10 % of your commission.
Do I have to donate to a school or youth organization?
You can donate to whomever your client chooses as the donation recipient. Although our niche market is children, if your client has an organization that is near and dear to their heart, then fantastic. You are still serving your client and your community.
Why is the donation limited to 10%?
The limit is set at 10% to make this more affordable so more agents can participate from across the United States. It is the goal of Commission For Kids to make the member as successful as they can be. The more the member achieves, the more the kids benefit.
Are there limitations on how many agents may cover an area?
There is no limitation.