A Commission for Kids real estate agent member is a licensed real estate agent in good standing with the appropriate state and professional licensing requirements has agreed to the terms of the Commission for Kids membership agreement. Most importantly, they have agreed to donate 10% of their gross commission to their client’s choice of K-12 schools or 501c3 youth organizations.
Who is a Commission for Kids real estate agent member?
Why is this a benefit to real estate agents?
- Being a Commission for Kids real estate agent member provides you with the opportunity to differentiate yourself from your competition by giving back to your community.
- Your donation may be tax-deductible. Consult with your accountant.
How does Commission for Kids work?
- Buy or sell a home through a Commission for Kids real estate agent member and they will donate 10% of their gross sales commission to a school or non-profit youth organization of the buyer’s or seller’s choice.
- Agent and their client sign the agreement designating who is to receive the donation.
- Agent asks the different real estate professionals involved in the transaction if they would like to donate to maximize the dollars donated to the kids.
- Ask your broker about what the steps are to have the donation check cut by the title company at the time of a successful closing.
- The check(s) are then given to the designated school or non-profit youth organization by the real estate agent.
What do you receive as a real estate agent member?
- Use of Commission for Kids logo and name
- Access to the members only area on commissionforkids.com
- Access to a Members only Facebook group page
- Member biography page to market yourself to the public and other agents for referrals
- Member Access to our expanding library of marketing material
- New weekly social media content and other marketing flyers
- Facebook cover that can be personalized with your contact info
- No cost referrals referrals through Commission for Kids
- Happiness, joy and smiles from serving your client and donating to your community
What is the membership cost?
- Individual Membership: A payment of a one-time set-up fee of $200 and a $50 first-month membership fee at the time of submission of the membership registration form. Then $50 per month beginning 30 days after joining. Your credit card on file will be charged $50 per month.
- There is no refund on the initial $200 set-up fee or the $50 first-month membership cost.
- You can cancel your membership at any time by sending an email to [email protected] and requesting cancellation.
- Broker Membership: Broker pricing is available. Contact Commission for Kids at [email protected]
Now that I am a Commission for Kids Real Estate Member, what are the next steps for me and my client?
As a Commission for Kids real estate agent member, you will donate 10% of your sales commission to a school or non-profit youth organization of the buyer’s or seller’s choice. You can use the agent’s resources – graphics, flyers and social media posts to brand yourself as a Commission for Kids real estate agent member.
You and your client sign the agreement form designating who is to receive the donation. Keep that in your file.
You ask the different real estate professionals involved in the transaction if they would like to donate to maximize the dollars donated to the school or non-profit youth organization.
Ask your broker about what the steps are to have the donation check cut by the title company at the time of a successful closing.
The check(s) should be given to you as the real estate agent so you can present the donation to the designated school or non-profit youth organization.
Contact the recipient to let them know the donation check is available. Make an appointment to present the check to them. We recommend that you ask another person to take the photo so you can be included in it. If this isn’t possible, you can take the photo yourself.
Afterwards, please complete the Donation Information form which includes questions on the name of the recipient, the amount of the donation, what the donation will be used for, etc. There is an area to identify who is in the photo. The form also has a file upload feature so you can upload the photo of the donation presentation.